Aberdeen Group, a global pioneer in the data, analytics and content market, is building is expanding and is seeking talented sales professionals to join our newly formed Account Management Team in our Waltham, MA office.
This role will be responsible to direct day-to-day management of customers to ensure user satisfaction resulting in net new growth opportunities and planned renewal rates. These goals will be achieved by working closely with both your internal (sales) and external (accounts) customers by establishing a follow up cadence based on opportunity for growth and risk and developing a plan to ensure client satisfaction and renewal rate objectives are met.
At Aberdeen, our solutions help leading technologies identify prospects and customers that are in-market to buy the products and services they sell, accelerate engagement and drive pipeline velocity. Our one of a kind Platform, Lead Essentials, provides customers a complete view of their market, insights into their best prospects and content that can be used to engage with customers on a global basis. Combining over 40 years of deep intelligence on the technology stack within over 3.5 million company locations that make up more than 90% of technology purchases globally, world-class research and thought leadership for custom content marketing initiatives and thousands of available content assets to power marketing campaigns at every stage of the buyer’s journey.
* Drive engagement and user adoption within customer base.
* Work with sales to review, set and exceed client expectations around solution delivery.
* Ability to liaise between customers, sales and deliver team in order to meet account performance objectives and to ensure client expectations are exceeded.
* Execute renewal and upgrade activities in support of and in collaboration with sales executive
* Develop and implement account strategies to meet key performance indicators
* Proactively leads with Sellers a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets
* Identify and meet business development goals by identifying net new opportunities within assigned customer list
* Report and accurately forecast against monthly goals
* Communicate any known risks or client satisfaction issues accordingly and develop plan to resolve and improve situation to customer’s expectations
* A strong desire to develop customer relationships through education and support of our existing and new solutions
* Develop mastery of full solution suite of offerings and deep understanding how various marketing roles are using technology, content and data to drive performance
* Sense of urgency around achieving goals and milestones related to the position
* Proven track record of overachievement within sales environment
* High level of comfort with a technology-driven, fast-paced environment that requires ability to quickly synthesize multiple sources of data
* Strong presentation skills using web based technologies and phone
* Sound and up-to-date technical knowledge; familiarity with using CRM systems
* Ability to sufficiently communicate with individuals at all levels in the Company and with various business contacts outside of the Company in an articulate, professional manner
* Strong phone skills and written communications skills
* Comfortable working in startup, face-paced environment
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
* 2 to 5 years of high-value, business-to-business, solution sales experience is required.
* Professional training in selling and account planning processes.